Creating a fun, better uni.
We create a more fun and friendly university life with great events especially for you.
Intermediate self-defence: Combo strikes
Sep 29-5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFREE
Intermediate self-defence 2: Combo strikes
Thursday, 29th September
First-time attendees are welcome. While this is an advanced class, anyone can attend; if you have attended one of our introduction self-defence classes, you will just pick up the skills faster. This workshop will be instructed by Practical Wing Chun (PWC) Australia and will leave participants empowered to predict, identify and avoid violence by de-escalating situations. Participants will also learn how to counter common forms of attack and assaults.
The workshop will incorporate upper body strikes with lower body techniques ( knees for mid-range and kicks for long-range) in a self-defence scenario. Participants will learn how to generate power and execute at the right timing.
- Cost: FREE
- All classes run: 5.20 pm to 7.00 pm in N35
- Participants: Limited to 20 students per course date
- NOTE: Registration coming soon; please keep notified by Social Media (Facebook or Instagram).
- Thursday, 11 August – Timing vs Speed – Register here!
- Thursday, 29th Sept – Combo strikes